My Monday Music | What's On Repeat

hello blogger, internet,

this morning while driving I contemplated what I was going to blog about next. While I am driving I always listen to music and lately there has been a few songs I have on repeat because I think they are just so good. And then I thought to myself, maybe people would like to hear some music that has just come out. You may have heard some already but maybe you haven't. I love music in general but I really, really, really, like finding new music that I can get hooked on. After pondering this idea in my car I decided to share some of the songs I'm currently playing on repeat and seeing as it's Monday who doesn't want some new tunes to spark the beginning of the week? And then! I realized it was not Monday. It is Tuesday. Holidays... They throw me off. But regardless I am sharing with you My Monday Music. Maybe I will make this a thing?

Without further adieu, here are my current jams...


Last week Ed Sheeran announced that he had written and created the song that will play during the end credits of the new hobbit movie "The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug". Not only does he sing the song but he sings the harmony, the back up vocals, he plays the guitar in it and if that's not enough he learned how to play the violin just for this song. The song is soothing yet emotional and I cannot stop listening to it. Ed Sheeran is an unbelievable talent. Best $1.29 I have ever spent. (you should get it too....)

Zerbin released their new EP "Touch"  at the end of October and it is very, very good. Personal my favorite song from the EP is "Lift". The sound is exactly the kind of thing I love listening to on any occasion and lyrically it's just as great. Plus Zerbin is a Victoria BC based band and who doesn't love supporting local artists?

October 22 was a big day for me. Katy Perry released a new album for the first time in 3 years. As a massive fan this was a pretty big deal to me. I drove to Wal-Mart the second I got off work just so I could buy the Deluxe Version filled with nail decals, tattoos, and letters from Katy herself. "PRISM" is one of the best albums I have ever listened to because it has everything; heartbreak, silliness and catchy tunes, self-confidence boosting lyrics and although I love the entire album, at the moment "It Takes Two" is my favorite song. Personally, I think it shows Katy's growth in maturity from the outrageous and wild (but awesome) days of "One of the Boys" and "Teenage Dream". Plus I think the song holds a message that we sometimes lose sight of. When things get rough, we always find someone to blame. But sometimes we just need to take part of the blame and sometimes we have to except that someone we love hurt us.


The last song I'm going to share isn't actually on my repeat list. YET... Ellie Goulding's new song "Mirror" got leaked today and it's excellent (as usual with Ellie). Ellie wrote the song for the new Hunger Games Sound Track for "Catching Fire". Imbedded in the slow, electric beats are lyrics completely relevant to the story. Anyone who has read the series will understand. As soon as the song officially hits iTunes I will buy it and have it on repeat. (hear the leaked song here)

That's all I have to say on the subject. Please comment letting me know what songs you have on repeat right now or just any good tune in general. I love music and am always eager to hear something new!

Have a Happy Monday Tuesday

-m.o