My Monday Music | Christmas Tunes

hello there,

it was brought to my attention mere moments ago by a lovely keen friend that I had yet to post a "My Monday Music". Oh dear, oh dear. Clearly I am right in the midst of finals. Ew. But in my attempt to force myself to expand on my writing and therefore blogging I refuse to slack off regardless of the fact I have an exam in two and a half hours. Cognitive Psychology, you will have to wait. It occurred to me after last weeks music post, that I should have perhaps acknowledged that it was the start of December which means the start of the Christmas season. So I will just do that now. But seeings there isn't much to say in terms of Christmas music, as its just thousands of versions of twenty or so different songs, I figured I would just share with you my favorite recent(ish) remixes of some not so traditional Christmas tunes.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season Greetings

-m.o



"I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday" - Olly Murs


"Santa Baby" - Michael Bublé
(not only does Michael BublĂ© have one of the most swoony voices 
but he is a huge Canucks fan, like me, and he manages to throw in 
hockey references, which makes me love his version of Santa Baby the most)

"Fa La La" (a cappella) - Justin Bieber ft. Boyz II Men
(Bieber haters shut up because the vocals in this song are incredible.
I love a good a cappella and the Biebs puts together and stellar
tune with the guys from Boyz II Men for this R&B feeling Christmas tune)

"Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" - Death Cab For Cutie


"Mistletoe" - Colbie Caillat


Okay, okay,  I can't do a Christmas music post without posting one classic...
"Go Tell It On The Mountain" - NEEDTOBREATHE
(Fun Fact #1: "Go Tell It On The Mountain" is my favorite Christmas Song,
Fun Fact #2: NEEDTOBREATHE is one of my favorite bands, so,
of course combining the two makes me ridiculous happy and throws me into
the Christmas spirit. I think this song encompasses exactly what Christmas is about)