Bits & Pieces | The First Snowfall


hello there,

Yesterday was the first official snowfall of the season here in town. There's just something special about the first snowfall of a season that's different than any other snowfall. The way the fresh snow coats everything in the cleanest white is refreshing and beautiful. The first snowfall is always a bit of a surprise around here and that makes it exciting. The nippy chill in the air is crisp and yet filled will a sense of comfort for the changing season and at what's to come. Although snow doesn't always mean tobogganing, snowmen and snowball fights, it could. That definitely was not the case today as there was maybe two centimetres of snow on the ground, tops. But regardless of how little snow actually did fall, it was beautiful outside. I love the way the flakes rest on branches and gives everything this pure glow.

But with the beauty that comes with the first snowfall, I am also filled with a bittersweet feeling. Snow means I don't get to ride, and I like riding. Yesterday in particular also didn't allow me to enjoy the weather because I spent almost all day inside studying for my exam. But I did get to take off to the barn for an hour with my mom, sister and nephew. Although rushed to get back to my studying, I did manage to snap a few shots of my boy and his buddy nuzzling up in the cold.

Here's to hoping this snow lasts long enough for me to get some better shots of the snow!

-m.o









Catching snowflakes on your tongue...? Lookin' good girl...

Grey Cat not willing to go outside


There are no two better friends. Literally inseparable...