Backpacking Adventures | Agnes Waters & The Town of 1770, Australia


hello blogger, internet,

This post won't have many photos, but for very good reason. And that reason is because I spend most of the day on a motorcycle!!! What! What! Ya, that's right! Okay, I'm exaggerating.. They were scooters that were remodelled to look like vintage Harley's. Soo... Basically motorcycles.

The famous Scooteroo Tour, out of the Town Of 1770, takes tourists all around the town and Agnes Waters in a massive fleet of bikers. It's an incredible way to see a small part of Australia in an extremely unique and fun way. We passed kangaroos on the side of the road, stopped for the yummiest chips and sweet chilli sauce, and watched the sun set over the ocean. It was so much fun and the staff and company was so kind and fun to learn from. Another must do for anyone thinking of travelling to Australia!

The beach in 1770 is also beautiful (as are all the beaches in Australia), and we spent the late morning/early afternoon relaxing and catching up on some napping time after an exhausting few days on Fraser Island. We even took a tour of the two towns, compliments of our hostel, and turns out that between the two towns there is a bar (which I'm relatively certain we got kicked out of for trying to watch football.. don't ask I don't remember the details) and a grocery store. That it's. I kid you not. It's small and beautiful but, with the exception of Scooteroo, it's about the most boring place I have ever been. Let that pay tribute to how awesome Scooteroo is that I think everyone should still go to The Town of 1770.

-m.o
Did I mention we each got to wear awesome leather jackets with flames on them?
Where can I pick up my biker chick status?
(Some older guy actually told me I looked like Megan Fox when I was sitting on my bike...
Potentially creepy? Meh, I took it as a compliment)


My bike was pure Australian.
Represent.

Is there a lovelier way to end a fantastic day?