Finding Inspiration | Chasing The Fog

(for enhanced experience listen to this link in a separate tab: Sam Garrett - Belong)


hello there,

The Oxford English Dictionary defines Inspiration as "a breathing or infusion into the mind or soul"

I started this blog with valiant intentions of expanding my mind and developing my writing. However, I'm finding more and more as the days go on how difficult it is to find inspiration to write.

My favourite part about inspiration is that it looks incredibly different for every single person. Inspiration is the driving force behind our actions, it's what fuels our passion. It comes in endless shapes and forms. For me, inspiration comes from anywhere but most commonly it comes from the stories of people I meet or the astonishingly beautiful things I see in nature. Fortunately for me, I am surrounded by people that inspire me, in my personal life and in my work. As for nature, that comes even easier. As I've alluded to time and time again I live in the most beautiful place on earth, so I am surrounded by phenomenal creation on a daily basis and I choose to live my life outdoors as often as possible (weather permitting).

Now, what to do with all this inspiration? Well, that's what makes inspiration difficult as well as wonderful. What's the purpose of being inspired if you can't do anything with it? There's isn't much purpose, but to be honest I haven't exactly found the answer about what to do with all that inspiration. Taking photos helps, capturing the beauty I see and turning it into something timeless to remind me of how wonderful the world really is. My hope is to push myself more and more to seek out inspiration because as the Oxford English Dictionary says, it's like fresh air to my soul.

The past week I was hard pressed to find any inspiration in anything. It was one of those weeks where life just got in the way and I found myself overtired, overstressed, overwhelmed, and just over everything. So when I got off work at noon on Saturday after 1 hour sleep the night before, the last thing on my mind was finding inspiration. But God had another plan in mind. He clouded my mind with fog. Not the metaphorical fog that disallows me from thinking clearly. Literal fog. It's not often that we have fog flood the town that late in the day, but Saturday was the exception.

So what's a girl with no sleep to do at 1:00 in the afternoon in a city filled with fog? Drag her friends out with her to chase it, of course! So that's what I did. Two of my best friends met up with me and we drove down to the long country roads in search of the lifting fog. This is what we found...





















Sometimes all you need to find a little inspiration are good people and a foggy mind.

- m.o