Day 12: Viva Thai Vegas



Hello there, 

I believe it was Day 1 of this adventure that I mentioned blogging the trip was for my own personal memories. 

Please keep that in mind if you choose to finish reading this post. 

We woke up at a decent time this morning. I FaceTimed home and we checked out of our hotel. Our original plan was to spend the morning on the beach and then taxi to our next accommodations in land in old Phuket Town. However the gorgeous Thai beach kept calling our names and so we moved to the neighbouring city for an extra day of sand and sea. 

City of choice: Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand. 

Patong beach is, without going to detail, is basically just a massive party. Clubs, people, bars, people, and some more people. 

So what were two innocent, conservative, Abbotsford born and raised, Mennonite girls to do in such a rambunctious town? 

People watch. 


And did we ever. I saw more middle aged, over tanned men in speedos and thongs than a person should ever have to see (basically no one should have to see that). 

The people in Patong are bold. 

Basically all we did all day was sit on the beach. That's it. Throw in a Big Mac meal at lunch (don't judge, one can only eat curry so many times in a day for so many consecutive days before you just want food that reminds you of home). 

Because all we did all day was tan, swim, people watch, tan, swim, people watch, and people watch I have no exciting stories or epic photos.

All I have are selfies and 5,000 identical photos of waves at sunset. 

Like I said, this blog was for my own personal memories. 















I really wasn't kidding about the waves and selfies. But you're welcome cause the only other things on the beach were speedos. And that is one memory I don't need to last. 

After we had showered up at our hotel we hit the town.

I'm kidding. We sat outside Starbucks with mango juice and McDonald's fries (YES ok I went to McDonald's twice in one day. I regret nothing) and people watched for an hour before heading back to our hotel for a wildly late bedtime of 9pm. 


I've never been to Vegas. But I imagine it's just a larger version of the Patong Beach Walking Road. 

As always, thanks for following along and prayers for safety and healthy and always appreciated. 

-mo