Celebrating A Champagne Birthday


hello there,

I never celebrated my champagne birthday (because I don't believe parents are supposed to give there one year old child alcohol) but yesterday one of the most incredible people I have ever had the privilege of knowing celebrated her Champagne Birthday. In life you are sometimes blessed with the type of people you can't imagine you life without. My friend Kaitlin is one of those blessing. Friends since grade 9, year after year, without even knowing she's doing it, Kaitlin reminds me why I need her in my life. She is one of the most selfless, caring, thoughtful, compassionate, and godly people and I am so fortunate to call her a friend. To celebrate this momentous occasion Kaitlin and our friends Avery and Alicia got together (too) early for breakfast consisting primarily of bacon and mimosas (breakfast of champions, am I right?) and after we headed out to Triple Swaan Nursery's and a neighbouring field to snap some photos of the birthday girl and naturally Alicia tagged along. Now I can go on and on about what wonderful people my friends are and how critical they are in my daily life but instead I will tell you that as ridiculously good looking as they are, they are even better people (so that means that they're like REALLY REALLY good people because they're like REALLY REALLY REALLY good looking, as you'll come to see).

Kaitlin and Alicia, thanks for being even more beautiful on the inside than you are on the outside and thanks for allowing me to make you have your photos taken. I think it's safe to say you've upgraded from guinea pigs to models.

-m.o