My Monday Music | Commercial Tunes & Others

hello there,

Every once in a while I hear a song I like on a commercial. Sometimes I like it so much that I search for it until I find it. Curtesy of Shazam and YouTube, it's not actually that hard to do anymore. But I also know what thanks to PVR and fast forward people don't watch commercials as much, which means we could miss out on some good music.

The first song is a commercial that triggered me into doing another My Monday Music because it's been a while. The rest are random goodies!

Happy Monday!

-m.o


This tune is by artist Grayson Matthews. He's written several songs for Canadian companies that have debuted on commercials. Most notably the song "Toast This Life" that was heard on an Alexander Keith's commercial earlier this year. The song featured on this new Tim Horton's commercial is not
available on iTunes but you can check out "Toast This Life" and listen to is EP Extended Play here.


This song happened to be last weeks iTunes Single of The Week, so not technically a commercial song but it was featured on a GlobalTV commercial. A Great Big World is best known for their breakout song featuring Christina Aguilera "Say Something". This song "This Is The New Year" is also fantastic.

"All I want" - Daniella Mason


"Something To Believe In" - JJ Shiplett