Backpacking Adventures | Downton Abbey Visit


hello there,

From Northern Ireland to England! We were blessed to be able to stay with my Dad's cousin in Crawthorne, an hour outside London. Such a lovely time spent with family I wouldn't regularly get to see. AND! They took us to Highclere Castle! For those of you who are not obsessed with the hit British Drama, you won't know what Highclere Castle is. So let me inform you. Highclere Castle is the set for Downton Abbey. Now, I admit when I went I had never seen the show but I am now a huge fan so all is well. It was pretty spectacular experience. We enjoyed lattes and scones in the servants quarters so basically I am Anna Bates. We weren't allowed to take photos inside the castle but I snapped a few around the stunning grounds.

This was also the day I learned that England is B-E-A-utiful and I want to go back. Like, right now... I've mentioned that there are four places in the world I would be willing to live (Sydney, British Columbia, or Ireland). England is the fourth.

That's all I have to say at the moment, it was just an excellent day!

-m.o